Second Half Ministry
Some people at Church of the Redeemer, finding themselves in the “Second Half of Life,” have come together to explore ideas for gatherings or programming particularly pertinent to this stage of life. “Second Half” is a pretty big umbrella – including everything from retirement or second career, to empty nesting, to other transitions (where we live, what we do, who we spend time with as our life circumstances and priorities change over time).
Our hope is that by gathering some “Second Half” folks together, we will have fun, explore possibilities, discover points of common interest, and create new connections.
you feel like you might be in the Second Half of your life, please join us for our special events.
Second Half of Life Ministry events are planned for 2020/2021 online via Zoom, with fun activities and interesting speakers to help people get to know each other better. Mark your calendars for:
Second Sunday Speaker Series
Join us on the Second Sunday of each month at 6:00 pm for our Speaker Series. We will hear from interesting speakers and be able to participate in engaging conversations. Mark your calendars using this schedule and then watch for details on each month to be posted below.
- September 13: "The Fountain of Youth - It's Welling Up Inside of You," featuring Tom Sparough
- October 11: "Brave Space" featuring Troy Bronsink
- November 8: TBD
- December 13: "Pilgrimage and Incarnation" featuring Gillian Ahlgren
- January 10: "US Electoral Process" featuring Gordon Christenson
- February 14: "Where Have You Seen Love" featuring the Rev. Philip DeVaul and the Rev. Joyce Keeshin
- March 14: "Being on Retreat at Home" featuring Liz Tassone
Second Half Social Gatherings
We also will gather regularly (and virtually) to just have fun with each other. See below for what's planned. (Watch this space as it will be added to regularly.)
- Saturday, October 24 at 6:00 pm: Sharing our Pandemic Stories
- Sunday, January 31 at 6:00 pm
- Sunday, February 28 at 6:00 pm
- Sunday, March 28 at 6:00 pm
All our virtual gatherings will happen on Zoom. If you are not familiar with Zoom, please visit our Zoom page for instructions and best practices.
Joining the Second Half Zoom Calls
Join Zoom Meeting Online
Use Password: 45208
Meeting ID: 555 352 6009